It’s no secret that Valentine’s Day is literally (and figuratively) considered one of the sweetest days of the year. Not only is this a day dedicated to celebrating love, but it is one that is often filled with sweet treats and temptations. While it is fine to enjoy these in moderation, the team at FoodandFitnessPro would like to offer some advice for those who are pursuing weight loss on Long Island to be able to enjoy this upcoming Valentine’s Day in a much healthier, guilt-free fashion.
How Can I Enjoy A Healthy Valentine’s Day?
Whether it be a box of chocolates from your significant other or going out for a four-course dinner, making poor/unhealthy eating decisions is a common practice on Valentine’s Day. If you still want to celebrate this day with a loved one, but still focus on your health at the same time, the team at Food & Fitness Pro would like to offer some advice:
- Check out the menu beforehand: Before booking that fancy dinner reservation for you and yours, check out the menu online to ensure that there is a somewhat healthy option for you to enjoy.
- Steer clear of the extras: Whether it be a bread basket or bowl of chips, try and avoid filling up on these unhealthy options before your meal arrives.
- More of the good, less of the bad: If you do decide to indulge in a less healthy option for your main course, try to supplement it with a side of veggies (without butter, cheese, etc.) or a big salad full of nutritious greens!
- Stick to water: Try to pass on the soda and sugary cocktails, especially if you’re indulging in other areas such as your main course or dessert.
- Cook at home: A romantic night in can be the perfect Valentine’s Day for you and your partner, especially if one of you can cook. By making a meal that is both delicious and good for you, you can not only rest assured knowing exactly how your food is being prepared, but you can save some extra cash in the process!
- Swap out the sweets: There is no need to skip out on indulging in sweets altogether, especially with the healthier options that are available to us these days! Consider getting you and your partner a fruit basket or an Edible Arrangement to enjoy together as a dessert. To make it a little more festive, try some chocolate-covered strawberries and get the best of both worlds!
On a day of love, there is no reason to deprive yourself of the things you love most. Understand that one slice of cake or a few chocolate candies will not put you on the path to gaining weight or being unhealthy. Enjoy these things in moderation and listen to your body!
FoodandFitnessPro – Weight Loss on Long Island:
FoodandFitnessPro is an award-winning team of registered dietitian-nutritionists that are committed to helping you feel great, look amazing and enjoy a healthy life. We offer a program for weight loss on Long Island for those who are looking to prioritize their health in 2020. We strive to enable our customers to take control of their health by arming them with education and tools that work best for them. For more information, be sure to contact us to take the first steps toward a healthier life today!