Carving pumpkins is fun, but eating pumpkin seeds is even better. Save the seeds from your fall masterpiece for a healthy snack!
- Preheat your oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate the seeds from the pulp and rinse them in a colander. Then, shake to dry.
- Toss the seeds in olive oil and spread them onto a sheet pan.
- Bake the seeds for 10 minutes to dry them out.
- If you’d like to flavor your pumpkin seeds, at this point you can add the flavorings. Try some curry powder and salt for a savory taste. Or, add some maple syrup and cinnamon for a sweet flavor.
- Once you’ve added the seasonings, throw them back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Then remove them and let them cool.
Once they are cooled, your pumpkin seeds will have a nice crunch, and a rich, roasted, autumn spice flavor. This is a perfect snack for an October evening by the fire.
Both curry powder and cinnamon have amazing anti-inflammatory properties to protect and heal your body from the inside, out. Plus, pumpkin seeds are packed with zinc and antioxidants to boost your immune system during cold season!
Nutrition Counseling Services
Do you need help with making a healthy relationship with food, developing a plan for eating healthier, or weight loss? Food and Fitness Pro can help you. We have experience and expertise in all kinds of health disorders and are determined to help you find the right lifestyle to get you back to feeling healthy. Start Today!